Whether your vehicle has a diesel or petrol engine, the time may come when its turbocharger stops performing as the manufacturer intended and you notice turbo failure symptoms. Maybe the turbo has had a very long, hard service life? Or, perhaps a previous owner didn’t treat the vehicle and its engine with respect?
Either way, it’s probably time for a replacement turbo unit or turbocharger repair. If you’re a private individual, many garages – especially main dealerships – won’t consider a turbo repair and will only offer you a new unit. Although this will fix the problem, it’s an expensive option. Fortunately, warranted turbocharger repairs from specialists like us offer an attractive alternative.
For some people, turbo repair means just fixing or replacing a worn or failed internal part. We go further. As well as diagnosing the cause of failure and making required repairs, we’ll advise on – and can undertake – any other work required to avoid the problem recurring.
Every turbocharger repair that we undertake includes the following:
• Strip the turbo completely;
• Clean and sandblast all components;
• Check thoroughly for wear and tear;
• Dispose of seals and bearings (we NEVER reuse these);
• Consider reuse of other components if they meet 100% of OE specification. If not, we always replace them with new components;
• Assemble, balance and pressure test CHRA;
• Assemble turbocharger;
• Flow test. During flow testing, set variable nozzle turbine (VNT) mechanism and actuators;
• Prepare balancing and calibration certificates;
• Carry out a strict quality control inspection.
Wastegate and turbo actuator repair
Other components are also replaced when worn or if specifically requested by you. As you’d expect, we can also repair your turbocharger wastegate, wastegate actuator and pneumatic actuators. From minor to major repairs, if turbochargers and their ancillaries are involved we can help you.
We’ve specialised in turbocharger repairs, replacement, upgrades and refurbishment since 2014. Our team of turbo specialists has built a strong reputation in the UK, Europe and further afield for diagnosing and fixing the most challenging turbocharger problems on cars, vans, commercial vehicles and more.